Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gone

Though I saw many herons sitting on the nests earlier this month, for the past week they've been gone, presumably due to eagle predation. Jenna, who lives in the house next to the heronry (she painted the beautiful "keep out" sign now standing at the end of the road) says she has seen eagles sitting on a log in the ravine, eating something.

Also, there's a yellow city sign now posted at the end of the road, a notice of the subdivision for the six townhouses.

If the herons are gone, there's no point to the website. I haven't put the signs up this year.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I live two blocks north of the Olympia Food Coop and I've seen at least a dozen herons coming in to roost each evening for the last couple of days. On a walk on Satuday I saw them come in around 5pm. On Sunday I saw an Eagle cruising the area north of my house.

Deane said...

Don't give up... Let's get organized. Let me know how I can help? deane@efn.org